Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I started to work for a new company and after three weeks they…

Customer Question
I started to work for...
I started to work for a new company and after three weeks they terminated me because i did not list a previous employer on my application, the application does not state anywhere that this is grounds for dismissal.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/9/2010
Employment Lawyer: AttorneyTom, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Lawyer

Please Note: I receive no salary or hourly wage. I do not get paid anything at all unless you click Accept. Clicking Accept simply applies your current deposit to this question and will not result in additional charges to your credit card. If you are a monthly subscriber to JustAnswer, clicking accept does not cost you anything additional. Please respect the Honor System and click Accept when you are pleased with the quality of the response so that I am compensated for responding to your question.

Thank you for your question.

What follows may or may not be what you want to read. However, please do not shoot the messenger. While I can control the quality of an answer, my control over the content of an answer is restrained by the truth.

Unfortunately, if an applicant is dishonest on his application, that is a basis for termination. However, an employer in Kentucky, due to at-will employment, doesn't typically need a basis for termination. At-will employment allows an employer to terminate an employee at any time for any reason or for no reason at all. However, if there's a contract or company policy in place, the employer may expose itself to liability by failing to abide by either. Further, an employer may not engage in unlawful discrimination (age, gender, race, etc.).

Please remember to click Accept and leave Positive Feedback so that I will receive credit for my time and effort spent responding to your question. Bonuses are always greatly appreciated. Clicking accept does
not close the question and you are still welcome to ask follow-up questions if you need clarification.

Sincerely,
T-USA

_____________________________________

Disclaimer: By engaging in this correspondence, you agree to and understand the following:
No attorney-client relationship is formed through this correspondence. The following information provided for educational purposes only and is not legal advice/legal services. Correspondence through JustAnswer is visible to the public and is not confidential. T-USA is not familiar with your situation and could not possibly provide legal advice/legal services through JustAnswer. T-USA does not claim to be licensed to practice law in your state. The information provided in this correspondence cannot and should not be relied on for legal purposes.
If you need legal advice/services you should visit a local attorney as soon as possible. You can find a local attorney at
Lawyers.com, Martindale, a Local Lawyer Referral Service, or a Local Legal Clinic (if you cannot afford an attorney).