How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 57367
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Since my boss was forced to resign, the director of the governmental

Resolved Question:

Since my boss was forced to resign, the director of the governmental agency I work for has been removing by tasks and my supervisory role. I have had no reprimands and maintain excellent evaluations after 6.7 years of employment. I complained about his actions to Human Resources but they have done nothing. Can I file a claim for retaliation against him since he started treating me this way after I complained about him?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. Is there discrimination involved?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Not for any reason based on gender, sex, religion, etc. I already tried filing a Civil Rights claim. He seems to be retaliating since I generated a complaint against him, and I supported my boss that he forced to resign.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 years ago.
What was the basis of your complaint?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The basis of my complaint is that he has removed many of previous duties, removed me from the chain of command from staff that I previously supervised, instructed me to sign documents making promises about what I will or will not do, told me I had the interim manager position then rescinded it without notification, and has allowed other staff to continue negative behaviors which has resulted in negative effects on juveniles that in our care and custody.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 years ago.
You can complain to senior management but I do not see a claim outside the company from these facts absent illegal or discriminatory conduct.
Infolawyer and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you