Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Should I file a complaint against my union or my employer

? A union president...
Should I file a complaint against my union or my employer ? A union president did not help me. The next union president wrote a letter to the district, asking that I be moved up on the pay scale. No one will talk to be about it (union or district). I asked for an attorney but the union will not provide one. I contacted an attorney and she said she cannot represent me unless the union requests representation because she represents them. I recently received a letter about early retirement to avoid layoffs. I requested a meeting with the assistant superintendent of certificated personnel. He did not respond to either of my 2 requests.
3/3/2010
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
You should do both.

First, you file an NLRB complaint against the union for failure to represent you.

Second, you file a complaint in state court for breach of your collective bargaining agreement, to the extent that you can show they have done so.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer