Lawmoe
Lawmoe, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  More than 19 years of experience in employment law.
3560666

I work at a fastfood restaurant in Clifton Colorado and they

I work at a fastfood restaurant in Clifton Colorado and they will not give me a copy of my schedule. The manager told me it was our responsibility to write our hours down. So, without me knowing they change my schedule, then I get called in because I was supposed to be there at 4 p.m. not 5 p.m. This has been an ongoing problem, then they call me to tell me they don't need me. They obviously have the time to call when they don't need me. Anyways, to make a long story short, are they by law required to provide us a copy of the schedule and to notify us of any changes. I am not married to this business and I shouldn't have to go there every single day to make sure my schedule has changed or not. It's a waste of my time. I have a life too.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 7 years ago.

I am afraid there is no law that requires an employer to provide a schedule in advance or otherwise. Business practices in Colorado or codified in Title 8 and it contains no such requirement. It is a bad business practice, but not one that is unlawful or actionable. The bad news is that you have a choice to endure poor employment practices or find other employment.

I am sorry for troubles.

Please click ACCEPT BELOW

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I accept your answer