How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 56562
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a lawyer currently which has done nothing with my case

Resolved Question:

I have a lawyer currently which has done nothing with my case since he got it back from a partner that decided to go into family law. My case is going on 7 years now. The lawyer who has my case right now acts afraid to persue one of the two doctors and has since before the other attorney took the case. The other attorney did more in the year he had it than in the several this one has. Such as get the money I spent out in the beginning for medicines after just 2 months, while this attornory had my case for 4 years and nothing. I called the other attorney's office to ask if he would take my case back. He has not talked to me. His assistant told me he and my current one met at court and talked about it. A month later I get a letter from my attorney wanting me to release him. I was never asked to be given over to that other one to start with, or sent back. I am so scared.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 years ago.
What do you want to know and accomplish?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I do not know how to proceed. I did not sign those papers he sent. I dont have another lawyer. Since this happened to me I am house bound and afraid to leave my home. I was attacked after work inside the building. I dont know what to do or how to find another lawyer. I feel the one I have has been negelgent in many ways. Because of it I have not gotten the help that I need both mentally or phyically. After the first report from the one doctor. My personal doctor read it as to that workers comp. needed to take care of the mental issues. However workers comp. translated it to be not so. I read it too and saw what my doctor saw, and that was I was to be treated by workers comp. I told my lawyer and made him read it. He then saw the same. He also expressed fears of upsetting this one doctor. Which he was right. I am very concerned also with the fact that he just wants do drop me because I contacted his former partner office. As I said I am very scared at this point.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 years ago.
You should obtain a new lawyer to both represent you on your matter and pursue malpractice against the former lawyer if applicable. You can find such a lawyer locally on by location and practice area. I am sorry you are going through a hard time.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

How? I tried to get one on line sort of like they do for dentist and doctors. He took my number and a lady called, said they would call back because it was close to closing and never did. I dont know what sort of lawyer I need at this point. I truely think my current lawyer is in default of some sort on more than one ground. So not sure what type of lawyer. Again keep in mind I am very afraid to venture out much. I did look at that web site. I also know that when someone lets a workers comp. lawyer go, that often times they have to split what ever comes out of the settlement, so it will make it harder to find a good lawyer I would think. Also, my lawyer advised me that it would cost me out of pocket 4,000. to get a second opinion on my psyh. He knows I am now on disablity and I am sure he is trying to desuede me. However, I know it does not cost that much. Sorry for the rambling. So much to go through. I need some place to start looking that just to toss a dart at a board and hope. Thank you if you can help me in the right direction.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 years ago.
You can find a new one on one of the following
state bar association referals
Infolawyer and 4 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you