Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Since Colorado is a right to work state, does that mean the

Customer Question
employer has all the power...
Since Colorado is a right to work state, does that mean the employer has all the power to make the rules? I do not feel I have any recourse against my employer and he has said he will not pay me the extra 3 hours he still owes me this pay period since he stated he overpaid me anyway. I find that interesting since he has always paid me any hours worked over 25 before. Now that I am at 29.50 and soon to be 30.5, he does not want to pay. Can he do that since he considers me now "Salaried?"
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Employment Law
12/12/2009
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
If you are salaried but non exempt, you need to be paid for overtime hours at overtime rate. Aside from that the employer has discretion in setting hours and pay.
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Infolawyer, Lawyer