How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19228
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a Medical leave of absence, do I get paid for that

Customer Question

I need a Medical leave of absence, do I get paid for that?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 7 years ago.
What is the basis for your medical leave?
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 7 years ago.
You don't have to get into specifics here.

I'll just answer without the additional information.

If your health condition can be certified by your physician as a serious health condition then you can qualify for Paid Family Leave under California law, assuming that you are covered under the State Disability Insurance and have paid into your disability insurance program.

You would make a claim through your employer and can obtain up to 6 weeks of paid family leave.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 7 years ago.
It would help if you explained why you think the answer is incomplete.

What information are you seeking that is not addressed?

Perhaps, if you were to do so, I or some other expert can give you what you are looking for.

Edited by Jagcorps_esq on 12/10/2009 at 8:03 AM EST