Employment Law

I felt forced to resign due to lack of staff coordination in…

Customer Question
I felt forced to resign...
I felt forced to resign due to lack of staff coordination in a time of crisis and being told I was a liability because I was an LPN with no supervision of an RN as a school nurse.... Read full answer
I felt forced to resign due to lack of staff coordination in a time of crisis and being told I was a liability because I was an LPN with no supervision of an RN as a school nurse.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Employment Law
9/1/2009
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 9 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Good Morning:
what is it you would like to know about this situation?    are you asking if it is illegal or if you can collect benefits?   
Want to know if they were suppose to honor my contract that I had already signed for the year and why I could not remain employed their. Why was the school able to hire an LPNfor 3 years and get away with it. The coordianter basically said you are cheaper to keeper.
Normally the employer can fire at will. But if you have an employment contract for a fixed period and it does not provide for early termination, you can pursue your wages for the remainder of the contract. Have an employment lawyer make written demand by letter if your direct contact does not work, short of a lawsuit.   
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
In Minnesota nursing homes can a LPN be a manager over a RN.
In Minnesota nursing homes can a LPN be a manager over a RN … read more
i am an LPN, my company justt layed me off. Three yrs ago
i am an LPN, my company justt layed me off. Three yrs ago they chnaged requirements for their nursing staff requiring everyone to have an Assoc. Degree. Iwent back to school and continued working full… read more
Attorney,
I have worked in a senior community for over 28 years. The
I have worked in a senior community for over 28 years. The last 22 as an LPN in the skilled nursing portion of the facility. With the exception of a verbal warning for some minor tardies, I have had a… read more
Stop searching for answers—
I am having a problem with my Boss, who is employed by Department
I am having a problem with my Boss, who is employed by Department of Labor UI, he may be asking employees to work beyond their scope of practice (LPN to RN), and although I have made suggestions for i… read more
MDLaw
MDLaw
Attorney,
I am a registered nurse working in an 86 bed skilled nursing
I am a registered nurse working in an 86 bed skilled nursing facility. On the night shift I have 43 patients. A licensed practical nurse has the other 46 patients. (H)she often neglects duties that co… read more
Lawyer,
was counseled to submit a Letter of Resignation prior to being
was counseled to submit a Letter of Resignation prior to being fired so as to not have that status. I agreed it would be better than being fired, but submitted my Letter stating, "with good cause". Do… read more
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey
Lawyer,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I work in a nursing home. I am a woman, strike one, and an
I work in a nursing home. I am a woman, strike one, and an LPN , strike two. The nurse in question is a male RN supervisor who has a terrible problem with condescending and outright blatant disdain fo… read more
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter
Attorney,
I have been a Director of Nursing for my current employer for
I have been a Director of Nursing for my current employer for the past 9 months. I work in a large 255 bed nursing home. When I began (hired on as Asst. Director of Nursing) we had a team composed of … read more
LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow
Attorney and Counselor at Law,
Doctor of Jurisprudence
I was suspended approx 8 mths ago pending an investiagtion
I was suspended approx 8 mths ago pending an investiagtion regarding my attitude. The suspension was with pay but I resigned from the position due to embarassment. I had been with the company for a li… read more
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw
Attorney,
I am a LPN for a community hospital we were just informed we
I am a LPN for a community hospital we were just informed we are going to be laid off over the next six months. They are offering us nurses aid positions at about a six dollar an hour pay cut. We have… read more
Legalease
Legalease
Attorney At Law,
Doctor of Law w/ highest honors
I am currently Employeed by Ucp of new York. I was originally
I am currently Employeed by Ucp of new York. I was originally hired as a agency lpn nurse working for UUP from 6-04 to-12-08. In 12-22-08 I was hired as a employee. As va ouside contract UCP gave me t… read more
Lawyer,
I am a Rn working in the ER. I was terminated without following
I am a Rn working in the ER. I was terminated without following discinplinary procedure for pt/family complaints. I worked at this facility for almost 10 years. received average or above evaluations. … read more
legaleagle
legaleagle
Attorney,
Stop searching for answers—
I work in a nursing home is the state of Illinois. I am licensed
I work in a nursing home is the state of Illinois. I am licensed a Social Service Director. I have been asked to supervise a nurse who has not experience working in the activity department. The plan i… read more
Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq.
Managing Lawyer/Advocate,
I was terminated on June 10, 2010 I was the staffing coordinator.
I was terminated on June 10, 2010 I was the staffing coordinator. On June 09, 2010 I was unable to get enough RN'S or LPN's to cover the shift (7a-7p) The Director of Nursing knew the situation. You n… read more
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Employment Lawyer,
Juris Doctor, Cum Laude
I work for a hospital emergency room as an ER technician. I
I work for a hospital emergency room as an ER technician. I have worked for this hospital for over 20 years and as such have a great deal of seniority. I started back to school last year to obtain my … read more
MDLaw
MDLaw
Attorney,
recently out of fmla. I resigned as nursing coordinator on
recently out of fmla. I resigned as nursing coordinator on 8/10/09 then out on fmla 9/14/09. I was called every day about admissions, deaths and problems with the staff until 10/12/09. All this time I… read more
Attorney at Law,
can an employer change your education requirements after more
can an employer change your education requirements after more than 1 year, and you have a signed job description that says you are qualified upon hire?… read more
Lawyer,
I am a carreer RN who was called into a meeting with the Director
I am a carreer RN who was called into a meeting with the Director of Nursing and the Unit Manager, an LPN. In short, the Unit Manager had some "write - ups" regarding my work as an employee. None were… read more
Faye Lee
Faye Lee
JD and MBA and Masters of Law