Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

What is an average settlement for an EEOC claim that is settled

Customer Question
in mediation?...
What is an average settlement for an EEOC claim that is settled in mediation?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
7/22/2009
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 years ago
What you are asking is an impossible question to answer. These mediation awards are based upon the severity of the conduct, the action or inaction of the employer, the salary/wage of the employee, the amount of time the conduct took place (once or numerous times), the length of time the employee was out of work (while actively seeking new work, since the employee had a duty to find new employment and failure to try would reduce their award). I have had mediation awards as low as $500 (no termination little discriminatory conduct) and the highest I have had was $100,000 (executive level employee). On average, in mediation, the claims are generally $1000-$25,000.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney