Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

EEOC favoritism guidelines

Customer Question
What can the EEOC do...

What can the EEOC do about favoritism and workplace harassment?

Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
7/11/2009
Employment Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
N Cal Attorney

http://www.eeoc.gov/types/harassment.html discusses harassment.

http://www.eeoc.gov/abouteeo/overview_laws.html has general information on the EEOC

http://www.eeoc.gov/charge/overview_charge_processing.html describes
EEOC's Charge Processing Procedures. That page states:
If EEOC is unable to successfully conciliate the case, the agency will decide whether to bring suit in federal court. If EEOC decides not to sue, it will issue a notice closing the case and giving the charging party 90 days in which to file a lawsuit on his or her own behalf. In Title VII and ADA cases against state or local governments, the Department of Justice takes these actions.

N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer