Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Is there a law against overworking employees in North Carolina

Customer Question
? Can employers overwork...
Is there a law against overworking employees in North Carolina ? Can employers overwork individuals having them do the job of several people even if it is causing health problems in these employees?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
4/3/2009
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 years ago
There are no laws about "overworking employees" as long as the employer is paying the employee at least minimum wage plus overtime for any hours worked over 40, this is all the law requires. Actions like this by employers generally lead to employees banding together and forming a union which would be protection from making employees do the jobs of several people.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney