Employment Law

I recently started my job. My probationary period would have…

Customer Question
I recently started my job...
I recently started my job. My probationary period would have ended on 03/15/09. I was called on the phone Sunday afternoon 03/08/09 and told by my boss that I was being let go. I understand the at will employment law. However, I need to ask....... if you are of one race and your... Read full answer
I recently started my job. My probationary period would have ended on 03/15/09. I was called on the phone Sunday afternoon 03/08/09 and told by my boss that I was being let go. I understand the at will employment law. However, I need to ask....... if you are of one race and your boss is another race and the reasons you are being let go are the same mistakes (that a co-worker which is the same race as the boss) is making and they have been with the company for over a year and they weren't being fired for these mistakes is that considered discrimination by race even though there are both races working for the facility?
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Employment Law
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
My son works for a large company in Minnesota (well over 200
My son works for a large company in Minnesota (well over 200 employees) and believes he is going to get fired today over a complaint made by a co-worker about an unpaid $120 personal loan. Is it legal… read more
If a coworker tells you your boss is looking to fire you
If a coworker tells you your boss is looking to fire you when your doing your job to its fullest and continues to make remarks to other employees about it, but seems to be a friend when in my presence… read more
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Employment Lawyer,
Juris Doctor, Cum Laude
Hello, I was recently terminated from a position with a Connecticut
Hello, I was recently terminated from a position with a Connecticut employer. I was in my 6 month probationary period when a female co-worker made accusations regarding unwanted behavior. The behavior… read more
Lawyer,
Stop searching for answers—
what can I do to get my boss in trouble for being unprofessional
what can I do to get my boss in trouble for being unprofessional by yelling at me when correcting me for mistakes I made in front of several co-workers. I was let go for making mistakes and was not to… read more
MDLaw
MDLaw
Attorney,
what evidence is needed to prove a case against a manager who
what evidence is needed to prove a case against a manager who retaliates against an employee and the retaliation continues years later through underlings that were put in their jobs and the total blac… read more
MDLaw
MDLaw
Attorney,
Hello. I am currently working for a fortune 500 company and
Hello. I am currently working for a fortune 500 company and we recently had an evaluation. My boss is of another race and only gives members of his own race a good rating. We were rated for a quarter … read more
legaleagle
legaleagle
Attorney,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
As the most hard-working and qualified person in the department,
As the most hard-working and qualified person in the department, I have a very good performance record. Without any warning about my performance, the company has hired my replacement and given me a no… read more
Attorney,
I am a nurse who has over 12 years experience, never received
I am a nurse who has over 12 years experience, never received a counseling until September 09. Since then, I have under the microscope. Multiple verbal and written counseling for things beyond my cont… read more
Partner,
My step daughter was recently fired from a position with
My step daughter was recently "fired" from a position with the Utah Juvenile Justice System. She had worked there part-time for a couple of years and was finally promoted to full time (after being "pa… read more
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Employment Lawyer,
Juris Doctor, Cum Laude
I had a co-worker today, who is not my boss, call me in his
I had a co-worker today, who is not my boss, call me in his office and start to accuse me of not doing my job. When i told him that I did not want to discuss it with him; he physically held the door s… read more
Attorney,
If you are let go within a 90 day probation period and you
If you are let go within a 90 day probation period and you feel that it was a form of retaliation due to a written letter of communicaton, do I have any rights in NC?… read more
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey
Lawyer,
On September 30, 2009, my boss fired me from my job. He never
On September 30, 2009, my boss fired me from my job. He never gave me a reason to lay me off, but said that he was thinking about this decision for the past two weeks prior to this date. This took me … read more
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Employment Lawyer,
Juris Doctor, Cum Laude
Stop searching for answers—
can you get fired for going to the restroom after your 15min
can you get fired for going to the restroom after your 15min break at work they said that counted as my break to?… read more
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Employment Lawyer,
Juris Doctor, Cum Laude
4 yrs ago, our Counseling Center was given a CSEA secretary
4 yrs ago, our Counseling Center was given a CSEA secretary for our office. This woman is a horrible person making our office a hostile place-which goes against everything we do! It's supposed to be w… read more
MDLaw
MDLaw
Attorney,
boss is bypolar and all the ups and downs never knowing what
boss is bypolar and all the ups and downs never knowing what kind of mood she is in has taken a tool on me i eneded up in the ER yeterday and now im off of work beucase of the stress she cause on a da… read more
Partner,
I gave my teamleader some unsolicited advice regarding a personal,
I gave my teamleader some unsolicited advice regarding a personal, yet sensitive matter that she introduced into the workplace. Two co-workers were discussing her situation in my presence and it made … read more
Partner,
my name is RonaldCustomer and I have a very hostel
my name isXXXXXnbsp; and I have a very hostel work environment. Someone at my place of employment told me to be carefull, because people i work with plan to harm me. I am the only african american at … read more
Partner,
I live in Kentucky. My wife was terminated from her job ...
I live in Kentucky. My wife was terminated from her job after three months without notice.She asked why and was told that she made to many mistakes.Her boss told her she was a good worker,a hard worke… read more
legaleagle
legaleagle
Attorney,