How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 118185
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been working at my job over 10yrs, I have always work.

This answer was rated:

I have been working at my job over 10yrs, I have always work. Last summer, I was getting my first unempolyment check, second I didn't received any, I call my job to find out what is going! They have make a mistakes, gave unemployment agency the wrong information, stated that I worked all year around, no I only worked 10 month, because of this, my boss gave me a loan for 2 month to cover, plus a job to work, even though I was making less money, I went out to investigated this, find out at the end of August, that I was able to get unemployment check. I was very disappoint, because I have to pay the money back every month, they are taking $175 , $400 for 12 month, and all of suddent ,they saying that they over pay me $1400 . They are taking $200 also . They is too much money to take out every month. I feel that they shoudn't taking the last part of $1400.00 . Do they have the right to take out how much they want to take out? I barely pay my rent, etc. Now that I have to work second
If they actually did overpay you, even if it was their mistake, then they are entitled to collect for the overpayment. The only right you have is to attempt to negotiate with the employer to lower the monthly payments and extend the time to repay. If the employer refuses, I am afraid the laws do not help you on this.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and 4 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you