How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 117372
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i was placed on 5150 72 hour hold. i am a deputy sheriff. they

This answer was rated:

i was placed on 5150 72 hour hold. i am a deputy sheriff. they took all my guns, my badge and ID. How can i clear this and get back to work? Doctor at the hospital released me teh next day with a letter saying i can go back to work. where do i go from here?
You need to provide proof of your evaluation to the department. You would also need to notify your union, if you are under a union contract, since your steward could assist you in submitting the paperwork to the department. If the department will not return you to duty after you have been cleared by a competent psych evaluation, then you would need to sue to be reinstated and to obtain your weapons back.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
how can I get the 5150 off my records?
That is up to the employer and between your union and the employer. That information should be kept in a confidential file as a medical record and should also be precluded from disclosure under HIPAA.
Law Educator, Esq. and 2 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Employment Law Questions