How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Faye Lee Your Own Question
Faye Lee
Faye Lee, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 1528
Experience:  Have 30 years experience in labor/employment law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Faye Lee is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can i sue my employer for not paying me on time.ex. i was suppose

Resolved Question:

can i sue my employer for not paying me on time.ex. i was suppose to recieve my payroll check dec 23 and it should have had a total of 80 hrs plus 14 hr of overtime instead it was 40 hrs of pay with 9 hrs overtime. and they tell me i have to wait til dec 29th to recieve the rest of my 40 hours of pay and 5 hrs of overtime.please let me know what i can do
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Faye Lee replied 8 years ago.
Hello, if you have a set payday and your employer has failed to pay for all hours worked you can file a complaint with the Labor Dept/Wage Division. You can report over the phone. You want to contact your local Labor dept as well as the US Labor Dept to file a complaint. It will take them some time to investigate. Otherwise you may seek out an employment attorney to help you with this process.
Faye Lee and 3 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you