Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

How long may a private company keep an employee on suspension

Customer Question
? Could it be...
How long may a private company keep an employee on suspension ? Could it be forever. Mine does not want to fire me with a disability just keep me on suspension.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Employment Law
10/23/2008
Employment Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 9 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
There is no set time established. At some point it becomes what is known as a "constructive termination" but there is no set definition of when that occurs in every case. It is case and fact specific.

However, you were right to file the complaint with the EEOC (you also need to file with your state Commission on Human Rights) since the suspension was an act of discrimination.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR TEXAS ATTY” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer