Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

If my contract is been broken that takes over-time away from

Customer Question
if my contract is...
if my contract is been broken that takes over-time away from me andgiving to a uility worker that was call in for over-time to do his job.my contract gives me the first chance in a over-time spot comes up for the day.mangement says ,i did it and not changing nothing,do what you got to,meaning turn me in.i felt intimited,that i could not stop him if it happen again.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Employment Law
7/14/2008
Employment Lawyer: J D Haas, Lawyer replied 9 years ago
J D Haas
J D Haas, Lawyer
If I understand the situation, your overtime was given to another person with management's blessing. If you have a written employment contract, or are a member of a union, then you may have a breach of contract case against your employer. If you do not have an employment contract, then you are an "at will" employee, and it will be more difficult to win.

Please consult with a HA employment attorney about your rights. Bring a copy of all contracts or documents to the consultation. You can find capable employment lawyers by the search for "HA employment attorney/lawyer". This lawyer can tell you the chances of success based upon your facts and current juries in HA.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

I hope that I have helped you, answered all of your questions,
and that I have provided you with useful information.
Please ask more questions if I have not answered all of your
questions.

In the future, if you would like to specifically ask me a question,
you can ask for me in the body of the question.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice,
it is merely information. The only way that I am legally
responsible for your legal rights is if you have signed
a written retainer agreement with my law firm.
J D Haas
J D Haas
J D Haas, Lawyer