Email

My e-mail account that I've had for more than 10 years was…

Customer Question
My e-mail account that...

My e-mail account that I've had for more than 10 years was closed out and it won't come back I have reestablished a new account but after an hour only 10 percent . What happened to all of my saved emails.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook,... Read full answer

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser I guess

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have gone through reestablishing an account

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I want to know why is was closed and where my e-mails went

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Email
10/31/2018
Email technician: Tim, Sr. Engineer replied 7 months ago
Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer

Hello, I'm Tim and have over 15 years of experience with eBay, Google, and the Department of Defense. Please tell me more about your problem, the more detail, the better.

By closed, do you mean you locked your self out, or did google close it? (they dont close accounts often)

what more detail, I lost access to my e-mail account and went through reestablishing an account and after an hour have 10 percent of something I don't know what . Why did this happen and where are my e-mails?am I going to get an answer or just attempts to gouge me more?no I didn't lock myself out

1. I'm asking info so I know, 2, any pop ups for more services are not from me, but the site, I'm just an engineer.

How did you lose access? Did someone else gain access?

no one gained access , but my tablet continues to have access

ok, but you cant log in using another device?

I can log in on the other device but not this one which is my main one.

Ok, is this device that you cant log in on in a different area, such as another state? (accounts will region lock)

no same house same room

gotcha, ok. Have you tried more than 3 times? After 3 trys, the account will lock out...so if you were to log out on your tablet, you would not be able to log back in with it....this would also explain why your missing mail.

Ive tried on this more than 3 times and the tablet can still bring up gmail to include your notificationsI mean I have tried more than 3 times on this machine

interesting, ok - was worth checking. For the sake of it, have you tried another browser?

no this is the only one I have ever used

is it doing the whole cpachia thing? (the weird hard to read letters it wants you to put in)?

Lets try another browser if you dont mind.

no It told me to reestablish my account which I couldn't do because after 10 years plus I had no idea about the required info, therefore, I established a supposedly new account which was supposedly acknowledges but in over an hour the wheel only showed 10 percent completion

ok, that makes partial sense, my gmail account is old too, before you had to add cell#/email ETC...So yeah, that account would be lost without having added those things. There is no such thing as making a new account, and having it sync with the old account, that I'm aware of....unless your using a program like Outlook on your desktop and all the mail is local.

why was it wiped out?

your old account? If you some how lock it out with 3 bad attempts, its perm locked, thats why they have the cell @ and email verifications.

all of the free email services do the same thing, lock you out if you get passwords wrong, or even if you travel they want you to revalidate who you are.

why is it on the tablet and I had no bad attempts it's on my favorites and has worked for 10 years plus, no lock out

your tablet is still kind of logged in, try and log out and back in, I bet you can't.

If its not bad attempts, I don't know what it is....keep in mind ANYONE can lock it out, if i knew your email address and tried to log in 3 times, you would be locked out and have to provide info.

No attempts at remote access We have logged in and out 5 plus timeson tabletyour answer makes no sense to me

OK, i'll be happy to opt out.

I didn't want anyone to opt out I would just like an answer this is not a complicated systemwhy hasn't my new account as requested in your automatic responses and acknowledged been set up
My computer will not stay on with no activity, therefore, I ask if you can"t resolve or explain what happened by 12 midnight , I request you cancel any membership for support I had purchased
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
What is happening to my e-mail messages?! They are
What is happening to my e-mail messages?! They are disappearing without me deleting them! Several messages that I had not yet responded to are now gone! Some messages I wanted to keep are gone! Why is… read more
David L
David L
Need to change phone number for email address ************at
need to change phone number for email address ************at gmail.com to ********** … read more
I need a DNS for my e-mail to work, on my pinicola.ca
Hi! I need a DNS for my e-mail to work, on my pinicola.ca domain. I have a Google buisiness account. … read more
Vishnu Babu
Vishnu Babu
Engineer - Information Technology,
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
Stop searching for answers—
I've totally screwed up my google acct. My son changed my
I've totally screwed up my google acct. My son changed my e-mail to add numbers to it to get back in. Now all my contacts won't know how to reach me? Can I get back my original e-mail acct and passwor… read more
sandy
sandy
Technical Specialist,
B.Tech
My email has been cut off. I have tried making a payment and
my email has been cut off. I have tried making a payment and saved it but I don't see how to process it. … read more
bbao
bbao
Freelance IT Consultant,
I created folders in gmail and thought I had archived some
I created folders in gmail and thought I had archived some of my emails. I went into the folders and the messages are gone … read more
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson
Owner,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have recently closed my account with spectrum and have
I have recently closed my account with spectrum and have gone with Frontier. How can I get my e-mails from spectrum transferred over to Frontier with my same e-mail address as previously. Is that even… read more
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson
Owner,
Someway, somehow I don't have my Yahoo e-mail account. Web
someway, somehow I don't have my Yahoo e-mail account … read more
IT Manager,
My name is ****** and I want to set my laptop up with a
hi my name is ****** and I want to set my laptop up with a gmail account but it won't let me ( or I don't know how)it keeps going back to my old sympatico account … read more
bbao
bbao
Freelance IT Consultant,
My mail account got deleted. Very important. Don't know why.
My mail account***@******.*** got deleted. Very important. Don't know why. How can I get it back? … read more
Kris R
Kris R
IT Manager,
Computing
About 10 or 15 lines of computer gibberish is appended to
About 10 or 15 lines of computer gibberish is appended to all of the gmail messages I send. How can I get it eliminated? … read more
Computer Support Specialist,
I have gmail for years. Today, I opened it on my i-pad, and
I have gmail for years. Today, I opened it on my i-pad, and my in-box contents quickly vanished . . . every box I opened did likewise: sent, personal, etc. I opened my i-phone; the same thing happened… read more
bbao
bbao
Freelance IT Consultant,
Stop searching for answers—
I'm trying to copy my sympatico mail and contacts to gmail
hello, I'm trying to copy my sympatico mail and contacts to gmail using a link provided by gmail but after required verification I am getting a message that the operation failed because I am loged on … read more
bbao
bbao
Freelance IT Consultant,
I suspect that someone was tampering with my gmail. Some
I suspect that someone was tampering with my gmail. Some emails of high importance were deleted. … read more
Tim
Tim
Sr. Engineer,
I can't get my imac to accept gmail account. I don't know
I can't get my imac to accept gmail account. I don't know what happened to cause problem … read more
Computer Support Specialist,
I have just added gmail to my email, bu need to retain
I have just added gmail to my email, bu need to retain access to my carolina.rr.com account, since I work with 2 school systems, and that is the address they have for contacting me as a Contract teach… read more
IT Manager,
I have always opened the lid, awaited the log-on function to
I have always opened the lid, awaited the log-on function to engage, and in the lower left corner, and initially logged on the G-mail envelope icon to access my e-mails, or send them. I then have gone… read more
bbao
bbao
Freelance IT Consultant,
Im having problems receiving incoming gmail messages. I
I'm having problems receiving incoming gmail messages. I own a macbook pro with OS 10.8.5, an iPad 2, and an iPhone 5S. Yesterday I updated the iPad 2 and the iPhone 5S to IOS 7.0.3. About the time th… read more
Computer Scientist,