Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Months ago my gmail password was cancelled. I don't know…

Customer Question
Months ago my gmail...

Months ago my gmail password ***** cancelled. I don't know why. I managed to get by using my work email, but I will soon need personal email as well. How can I get gmail restored? I do not have a home phone, but I could send email from home--at least in theory.

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Via a desk top computer. I formerly would do this at home or at work, but now I can do neither.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

The advice I received from Google was to reset my password, but the methods were not available to me. One was to send a code to my home phone or to my work email. I do not have a home phone and the firewall at my work apparently does not allow the code to be sent to me there. I am now contacting you from home, where I am not connected to the system at work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Well, I was also asked questions about my former use of Gmail, such as back up codes. It has been months since my password ***** cancelled or disappeared, and I have no idea how to recover information about my former use of Gmail. After my Gmail went away, I used the email at work, but soon I may be entering negotiations about receiving money for a book. My work for the government does not allow me to conduct private business on gov't email, so I have to switch to Gmail or something similar for my personal use. Even if I end up making no money on the book, I want to avoid the appearance of impropriety.

Submitted: 12 days ago.Category: Email
8/6/2018
Email technician: Harry, Email Tech replied 12 days ago
Harry, Email Tech

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.