Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I just got a new phone and cannot remember my Gmail

Customer Question
Hi my name is*****...

Hi my name is***** just got a new phone and cannot remember my Gmail password

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

No I am not

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I never updated the phone number to my current number

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so. The other question was when I set up my G mail account and I have no recollection of one that was

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Email
5/31/2018
Email technician: Dustin, Email Specialist replied 2 months ago
Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience: Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

When was the last time you could login to your email account?

Also, do you normally login from a computer, or a phone, or a tablet? Please specify the type of device you normally use?

And just to be certain, is there any device or program that can still log into your email account currently?

I'll be waiting for your reply, thank you.

Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)

Last logged in as info was allset on previous phone. Just bougha new phone this evening and went to set up thru google.
Can you just tell mewhat i need to do.

So do you still have the previous phone?

Whats the name brand and model of the old phone?

Old phone is dead. It gotwet
Lgk20 was old phone

Ok, besides your new phone and old phone, do you have access to a working windows pc or mac?

I can answer security questions on my account that i set up but they were not given to me as options
access to pc
But i believe they put a hold on myaccount because i had them send an email to my wifes hotmail account

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S

Thank you. Ill figure it out myself eventually

I misunderstood you, i thought you said "Yes , to accessing my pc"

We ca proceed via written support alone. Whsts the gmail address you cant get back into?

Whats the most recent password ***** remember worked on that gmail account, or on the old phone?

Aug2017