Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

A Felix says he works for gmail. He reports that my settings…

Customer Question
A John Felix says...

A John Felix says he works for gmail. He reports that my settings need to be changed because my [email protected] is being used criminally. Also, a person named Robin White calls and wants to offer his services. My stuff/products are going to China, Russia and Germany! Should I trust this John Felix who says he is an employee of G-mail? His employee ID is JF0879. The batch # is 369258.

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser on my Compaq laptop. I am protected by Webroot from Best Buy's Geek Squad also. This is in fact a ten year old laptop. I have a great product to present to the market soon. This laptop is now used for business purposes and needs better protection on Gmail!

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None!

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Email
5/31/2018
Email technician: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you with this!

These phone calls are NOT legitimate. This is a scam that is going around right now where someone will call you and tell you that you have a problem with a Gmail account, or your computer is being hacked, or you have a virus, or something else along those lines. The whole thing is just a ploy to either steal your personal information or get money from you.

Sometimes these companies will claim to be Google or Microsoft or Apple but his is always a lie. Those companies do not contact customers directly to offer technical support.

Many people are receiving these calls right now, so you are not the only one. If you receive calls like this in the future, simply ignore them.

If you have any other questions on this, just let me know and I'll be happy to answer them for you.

NOTE: If you have no further questions, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS or better so that I receive credit for assisting you. Just click to rate and then click the Submit button.

My emails are being sent with more info than I am typing! Error messages and wrong addresses should not go on forwarded mail!

Okay, that's a little different issue than was my understanding.

What I am going to do is opt out of the question and open it up to other Experts so that a more appropriate technician can address that for you. You will be notified when there's another reply.

Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 2 months ago
Justin Johnson

Hi! I am Justin. I see the previous expert has opened the question up to the rest of the experts. Are you still in need of assistance?