Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I created a second email account with the same name and now…

Customer Question
I created a second...

I created a second email account with the same name and now I can't disable the old one

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Through Thunderbird

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I ran across you before I got too far into searching for a solution in the web

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

That is it.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Email
5/31/2018
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 2 months ago
Justin Johnson

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about email. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Why do you want to disable to old account?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

The old account stopped working. pop.goolemail.com was requesting a password, but would not accept it.
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 2 months ago

That is because it was wrong. Why did you not reset the password?

I was hoping that the $5 I just spent would help me fix the problem.
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 2 months ago

We take a good faith payment of $5, but to ensure the expert will be adequately paid for his/her service we hold the fee for the question until there is a result. For your peace of mind we also have a 100% satisfaction guarantee that states we will refund all your monies if you so request. I have tested this for myself and we are expeditious about refunds.

I am sitting at a different computer than the one that has the problem
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 2 months ago

No. The password ***** correct.
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 2 months ago

Were you able to access the account in webmail?

I created a new account on Thunderbird that also works. I guess it uses imap. But the pop version of the account keeps asking for the password ***** it won't accept. Thunderbird does not let me access the server settings to disable the request for new emails.
Thunderbird complains the an account by that name already exists.
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 2 months ago

You need to delete the old account.

OK. What about all the messages stored in subfolders for that account? Will they also disappear?
I guess I used up my $5 of your time. Bye