Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have two gmail accounts. I would like to stop using one…

Customer Question
Good Morning, Technician's Assistant:...

Good Morning,

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

I have two gmail accounts. I would like to stop using one account and switch to the other. How do I do this efficiently?

Technician's Assistant: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I access both through a web browser and my iphone.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I would also like help with setting up my calendar but I think this is not email related.

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Email
5/31/2018
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 23 days ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

To check, you wish to remove it from your iPhone correct?

Please let me know

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I want to streamline my email from two accounts within gmail into the use of one account.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
no, I want you to explain the process, please.

ok.. but do you want one of the account to automatically get emails from the other one?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I have that set up in Safari where all of my emails are sent to one place. I want to close one of the gmail email accounts so that I may access all of the gmail apps within the preferred email. Right now, for example, I can not create excel spreadsheets within the preferred email account because it does not show up as an application.

all accounts will always have all apps.

But you cannot merge them as such

But if you click on my link below

https://drive.google.com/drive/

Then click New, Google Sheet

What then happens?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
ok, that took me to my data that I have created. I'm sorry, I did not communicate well. I do have the apps after all within both email accounts, but for some reason when I toggle between the two email accounts and then click on the google icon on the upper left corner to open the apps while within my secondary email, only two showed as an option this morning.

ok, it may have been a temporary issue, but both accounts do have always the apps, but it is working for you correctly now?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
When I clicked on your link, yes. But I have not tried otherwise.

ok, can you tell me what other items you need assistance from me with please?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
What is the best approach to switch from one gmail account to another? I have one created several years ago that I do not want to use.

Really the best method is just sign out with the one account and sign in with the other each time you switch accounts

This is the best method

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
There is no way to delete the account?

you can by clicking this link

https://myaccount.google.com/

Select Delete your account or services under Account preferences.
Click Delete Products.
Note: You can also choose Delete Google Account and Data to remove your entire Google account (including your search history, Google Docs, AdWords and AdSense as well as other Google services).
Select the Gmail account you want to delete.
Type the password ***** the account over Enter your password.
Click Next.
Click the trashcan icon (🗑) next to Gmail.
Note: Follow the Download Data link for a chance to download a full copy of your Gmail messages via Google takeout.
Tip: You can also copy your email to another Gmail account, possibly a new Gmail address.
Enter an email address different from the address associated with the Gmail account you are closing under Enter an email address in the How you'll sign in to Google dialog box.
Note: Gmail may already have entered the secondary address you used when creating the Gmail account. The alternative email address you enter here becomes your new Google account username.
Also important: Make sure you enter an email address to which you have access. You need the email address to complete deleting your Gmail account.

Clic k Send Verification Email.
Open the email from Google (*****@******.***) with the subject "Security alert for your linked Google account" or "Gmail Deletion Confirmation".
Follow the deletion link in the message.
If prompted, log in to the Gmail account you are deleting.
Under Confirm Gmail Deletion Select Yes, I want to delete***@******.*** permanently from my Google Account.
Click Delete Gmail. Important: You cannot undo this step. After you click this, your Gmail account and messages are gone.
Click Done.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
ok, I will look into that. Would you suggest just keeping the two accounts but only send from the preferred account? Does it make a difference?

yes, there is no reason to close the other one down, you never know when you need it and it is a free service.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
ok, thank you. I have a problem with receiving email notifications from calendar updates that belong to my husband. He shared his calendar with me and each time he adjusts his calendar, I receive an email. I cannot figure out how to disable the notification.

Can you please accept the request I made for more time and I can work on this new question for you

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
No, I will not pay more.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I was under the impression that my questions about emails would be answered.

yes I have answered your initial and follow up questions, now we are moving onto a new problem with your calendar.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thanks for your help but not worth the $5 charge and then to pay more for close to $20 dollars. I hope this does not affect your rating but I will not pursue help from this company further.

I will do all your other questions then at no extra charge...

Which program are you using to access your calendar?