Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I reset my password and my google account still says my

Customer Question
I reset my password...

I reset my password ***** my google account still says my password ***** *****

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes, I did that. It sent a message to my phone, I clicked it and it let me reset the password. Then I cleared the cache and cookies in chrome, then I quit chrome and relaunched it, I assume I need to sign out of gmail in my other devices first, correct?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/31/2018
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 2 months ago
Justin Johnson

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about google. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

What are all the things you have done to try and recover your password? I only ask to make sure you are not having to overlap steps again that you have already done.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

I already reset it successfully. Then I cleared the cache and cookies, quit and relaunched Chrome and tried to login and it still said wrong password
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 2 months ago

If you reset the password ***** would not say that

This is why I am seeking assistance
I went to login, I clicked forgot password, it sent a message to my phone, I clicked it, the computer then continued the prompt to reset the password, I typed in the new password, typed it in again to the box below and it said successful. Then I did all of the above in my previous message and it still says the password ***** *****
This is my mom's account. She has an ipad and an iphone and mail is set up on those devices. I need an expert to help me because I don't want to logout of the mail apps on those devices unless i know for sure we can do this. She can't afford to lose everything
Are you still there?
Hello?
Email technician: John Castle, Email Agent replied 2 months ago
John Castle
John Castle, Email Agent

Hi

Are you currently using a computer?

Are you seeing my previous thread, or should I copy and paste everything for you so far?

Let me have a read of this now and I will get up to speed

Is this going to take a long time?

Would I be able to do a screen share on your desktop?

No, I do not want to pay the extra $. I prefer that you just walk me through this. What will happen if I logout of the other devices and we can't fix this reset?

OK so when you updated the password, you are saying you updated it and it works still on all other devices still?

is over 10 minutes a normal wait time on this service for an answer? Just curious if I need to find another way to solve this.

No, I haven't logged out of the other devices yet. I want to make sure it reset on the Mac computer first. It still says the password ***** *****

Is it working on the other devices?

But those are logged in already. My mom bought a new iMac and I was trying to set up her email and this is when I got the error message that the password ***** gmail was incorrect. She told me she had reset it recently but the passwords I tried didn't work, so she reset it. My guess is that if she really did reset it, it was on her ipad and not her phone, or visa versa, and didn't log out and log back in on both devices. So - I reset it again.

If she reset it anyware, it would kick the other devices out as they would be contacting the server with the old password *****

Are you 100%| sure it was reset?

By me? It said it did and now that I look at her ipad it did in fact kick her out

OK that makes more sense, has it kicked it out on all accounts

now the phone says gmail is not responding
Cell service and wifi is not the best here, possibly it just took 45 minutes. I'll try and login again now

OK so go through the recovery proceeds using the information you used previous and it will reset all the account keys

If I go through the recovery process I used previously, won't it ask me to create a new password *****?

Yes, please do this and it should reset the KEYS

you want me to create a new password *****? I'm just trying to be clear.
Now it is not allowing an option to send to the phone or ipad and she does not remember answers to the security questions

Yes please

Is this a buisness account?

No
As I said above, Now it is not allowing an option to send to the phone or ipad and she does not remember answers to the security questions
I have been trying to reset it. The phone or ipad option was the only way I could get the reset earlier. How do I get that option again?
Are you there?
Hi - I have been working through this service an hour now. If it takes this long I'm going to cancel and complain.