Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Second opinion] I want to know if I can take a folder that…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I want...

Second opinion] I want to know if I can take a folder that contains several files and attach it to an email and how do I do it?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Obviously I am a novice; its Firefox which I think is Yahaoo

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

A web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I ask someone else to do it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/31/2018
Email technician: R LAFAYETTE, Consultant replied 2 months ago
R LAFAYETTE
R LAFAYETTE, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using just answer! My name is ***** ***** I have been assigned to your question. I am reviewing your answers. While I do this may I know your name please?

Robert

Hi Robert, so what is the size of the folder you want to send via email?

In order to attach a folder that contains multiple files, you need to compress all the files into a .zip folder and then attach that zip folder in the email.

You can create a zip folder by right click on the folder with all your files in it and selecting "send to > zip folder (compressed)"

There is one folder containing 18 files of 50 KB each and there are 12 folders ranging in size from 1400 KB to 3000 KB which I believe that I have done but how do I find those compressed files to attach them to an email.

So from my understanding, you have 12 folders and 18 files, and you want all of them to be compressed into a single folder so you can email it?

when you have everything you want emailed in a single folder, you right click the head folder and select "send to > compressed (zip) folder"

Then inside your email, somewhere along the bottom or top of the email window, you should see a button that lets you attach files (usually has a paperclip icon)

You want to navigate to where you compressed your folder, and select the zip folder. It might be easier to save everything to your desktop so you know where to find it

There are 13 folders consisting of a total of 60 files. It would be ideal to send them all as a single folder but I am prepared to send 13 folders if need be. The immediate challenge for me is to locate the 13 folders that have been compressed.

Where did you get these folders from, It might be difficult for me to help you locate them, what kind of folders are they exactly? If you downloaded the files and folders online, they might be in your downloads folder, or are you trying to get them from a USB stick you have plugged in?

these are files that I created by scanning numerous documents and saved in various folders. I have since compressed the folders so that I could send the 60 files in their respective folders to the designated recipient. However in compressing the folders I am unable to find the Compressed (Zip) Folders and that is all that I am now trying to do.

Whenever you compress a file to a zip folder, it drops the newly made compressed folder in the same spot as the original file, with the same name. So wherever you did all the compressing for each file/folder, that is where you should also find the compressed folders you made.

That is what I thought but they do not appear there; I will just have to figure it out Thank you!

We can offer you a remote connection, and have a level 2 tech take over to help you with the rest of the way, but if that is not something you would like, there is not much more I can do for you. It has been a pleasure working with you. I love working for JustAnswer as it provides a great portal to provide service to incredible customers like you. Experts here earn a living on customers rating the service we provide. If you could please rate my service when you are available I would appreciate it immensely.

Sorry, I was getting nowhere with my problem so I printed the documents and used traditional mail service to close the file. I am sure that you did your best but the challenge was too much for me. Thank you!