Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have 10 email messages with that look like msgs I sent in…

Customer Question
I have 10 email...

I have 10 email messages with that look like msgs I sent in late March whereby I attached approx 10 documents per msg. In my inbox the subject line shows what I named them, however when I open them they are advertisements and my attachments/documents are nowhere to be found.

Technician's Assistant: Have you checked for the lost email in your Trash and Spam folders?

Yes what is strange is that I sent 12 of these msgs and 2 of them were fine and had the attachments no problem--all sent in same timeframe etc.

Technician's Assistant: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. What email provider are you using (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, etc.)?

Is there any way you can help me find these? gmail

Technician's Assistant: Have you checked for your email under the All Mail tab?

I sent them via my work email at the time which I no longer have access to (retired).

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that's it--thanks

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Email
I can show you the emails that did come through with the attachments and the ones that appear to be my msgs but are not (they are ads) and don't contain my attachments if that would help
5/31/2018
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 2 months ago
Justin Johnson

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com! I am Justin. I am sorry for the length of time you have been waiting. With that in mind are you still in need of assistance?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

am I reading it correctly that in order to do that it is an add $36? If yes, no thank you I'd simply like you to help me answer the ? for the $5 fee I've already paid.
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 2 months ago

We take a good faith payment of $5, but to ensure the expert will be adequately paid for his/her service we hold the fee for the question until there is a result. For your peace of mind we also have a 100% satisfaction guarantee that states we will refund all your monies if you so request. I have tested this for myself and we are expeditious about refunds.

in order to get technical support (an answer to my question about an obvious error on part of your email server), I will need to pay $39? Pls clarify before going further.
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 2 months ago

That is for remote support.

what other type of support is there?
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 2 months ago

The kind where I just answer your question like we are doing now.

have I missed your answer to my question? Obviously I'd prefer not paying add $ unless needed to get an answer. Is it possible to answer my question via this chat?
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 2 months ago

If the attachments are not in the emails they are not there. Unless those files exist elsewhere there is not much else that can be done.

ok clearly they are not in the email which is why I contacted you---why would they be in some and not all since all sent in same timeframe and why are they appearing like my msgs but in fact the content is an advertisement?
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 2 months ago

I understand that, but email is simple. Either it is or isn't.

Wow--so for my $5 you can't even provide any ideas of where these might have gone in "cyberspace"???? Very disappointing since I would count on an email server to deliver the attachments along with the email I sent and if not at least try to find the location of those documents.
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 2 months ago

You should never expect that. Systems fail. Would you like me to tell you a story or give you the truth?

I don't want a story, but I believe a reasonable expectation of a technical expert is to provide a possible explanation of what could have happened/where files/documents may be and why. Thank You and Good Night.
Email technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 2 months ago

It failed. That is the technical answer. It is email, it can fail.