Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

G'day Jess! I'm aged 82 and NOT very computer literate! NOW!

Customer Question
G'day Jess! I'm...

G'day Jess! I'm aged 82 and NOT very computer literate! NOW! when I send on emails I have a list and just recently some of the emails on my list are DECLINED to be sent and Microsoft Outlook send me a notice that says YOU do not recognize some of those email address which are always the same??? I checked my address book and those names and email addresses are still there WHY don't my emails get sent? NOW I have to type the entire email address and STILL they are refused as unknown?? I'm lost mate? and I don't know HOW to fix the problem? xxBruce.

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking Outlook from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

I don't understand everything else is working, I just turn my computer on and click onto the email I want to forward to others, and start tying in the addresses, THIS is where the problem sstarts, some addresses pop up as soon as I type the 1st couple letters, all I do is click on that and it's entered on the line, BUT SOME of my long used addresses YOU refuse to identify??? and the entire thing stops and IF I include those email addresses again YOU refuse AGAIN??? Those addresses ARE valid WHY refuse them??

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

NO

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

My feeble brain can't thinkl of anything?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Email
5/31/2018
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. What is the email address that you use in your MS Outlook to send out emails?
  3. Are you sending a single email to a lot of people like 100 or more, at once?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess