Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My email was hacked yesterday morning and now I can't log…

Customer Question
My email was hacked...

My email was hacked yesterday morning and now I can't log in. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No, I really haven't used it. But apparently, someone is sending ALL my contacts messages asking for money.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Phone number

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

They also must have created a Gmail account or I did and don't remember because people have been getting emails from that account too.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/31/2018
Email technician: Wes, Consultant replied 2 months ago
Wes
Wes, Consultant

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. You may receive a request or offer for additional services or for secure remote assistance. These are issued by the Just Answer website, I have no control over them. Please ignore or decline these offers as they are not necessary at this time. If it becomes necessary, I will let you know and resubmit the offers manually. My name is ***** ***** may I assist you today?

Someone hacked into my email account and now have created more fake accounts using my name. How do I delete all Fake accounts?

okay, what site(s) did they create the fake accounts on? Facebook?

They took over my hotmail account and now created a marxell.com account
I don’t know how they created them, I just have people texting me saying they’re still receiving emails. The latest was the MARXELL account

I'm not familiar with Marxell, are they an internet service provider?

To do the hotmail recovery you'll need to start with the process here: https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

Click on that web site, then proceed through the screens choosing the most appropriate response, filling in information where required. If you get stuck, I'll be right here, reply back and I'll help you through it.

Let me look up some info on Marxell and see if there's a way to report fraudulent accounts.

I tried doing the hotmail reset but because I didn’t use it, it tells me the information I’m giving isn’t correct.

Do you need to get back into the hotmail account? Because if you don't use it, you can just report it as hacked and microsoft should cut them off.

No I don’t use it.

When you did any the recovery attempts, did you choose "I think someone is using my account" at any point?