Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Both my wife and I are having extensive problems with gmail…

Customer Question
Both my wife and...

Both my wife and I are having extensive problems with gmail and crashing internet. We have both been getting the #007 server error in gmail a lot.

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser on PC (me) and Mac (my wife).

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Getting new modem (twice!) from AT&T.

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Email
5/31/2018
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 25 days ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Is the problem happening in both PC and Mac?
  2. How do you access your emails in your PC? Is it through Internet Explorer web browser?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
The problem is with both the PC and the Mac. We access our email through Chrome.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
We need to have 2 computers fixed (for what seems to be the same problem). Could this be done for a single $39 charge?
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Please respond as soon as is convenient, as we are having significant problems with this issue.
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 22 days ago

Thank you for writing back with that information. Please be informed that your question is posted for $30.68USD and remote access is an extra fee of $39. Yes, if we do remote access, I will connect to your 2 computers (one at a time) to fix the email issues.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Can you help us soon?
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 21 days ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

It seems the previous expert has been unavailable for a while. Do you need instant help here? Please advise. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Can you help us within the next hour or two?
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 20 days ago

Sure. Can you please upload a screenshot showing the original #007 error for a technical review? Thanks.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I don't have a screenshot.

If so, the most efficient way is to troubleshoot via a remote session. Can you please request it from your side? Thanks.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Is a screenshot necessary?
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Just to be clear, I had negotiated a single $39 payment for fixing both my computer and my wife's, since we are having very similar (identical?) problems. Can you confirm this agreement?

> Is a screenshot necessary?

Yes, that's the only way to clearly tell what happens at your side without a remote session.

> I had negotiated a single $39 payment for fixing both my computer and my wife's

It's fine, as you can watch what I do via the remote session, you can easily apply the same method or solution to another computer if the issue is identical.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Can I follow up with you via e-mail if I have any questions?

> Can I follow up with you via e-mail if I have any questions?

Email communication (or any direct interaction between the expert and customer) belongs to premium services and needs an extra charge.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
In that case, I would need you to do separate remote sessions on both my computer and my wife's computer for $39, as the previous technician agreed. Otherwise, I am concerned that the 2nd computer won't get fixed properly.

That's fine. I send the offer now.

FYI - For some reasons, I can't send offer from my side. Please request it from your side. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I made the request for secure remote assistance.
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Can you help us now? We are waiting for your response.
My apology. A Yes was chosen by mistake when my Mac asked me for the latest update. I have to wait until it finishes it.
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
How long?
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
How long? Please answer right away.