Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I need to create a new account. I am trying to use the

Customer Question
I need to create...

I need to create a new account. I am trying to use the window that opens and asks me to type in a name for a new account, but the window is not doing anything when I press the Search button. CAN I create a new account through you? (My husband just shut down the account I have been using.) OR can I download a gmail account into Thunderbird?

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

So far through a web browser.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None! Sorry! I just went to your tech support. I am not sure how to troubleshoot when there is a button to hit and it does not respond.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I am sorry. There probably should be more, but I don't know what it would be.

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/30/2018
Email technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 23 days ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I will be the technician working with you today.

Do you need to create a totally new account, add an existing account to Thunderbird, or do you want to create a new account and add it to Thunderbird?

If you would like remote support, select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support, you may ignore the prompt.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I had an email account through an internet provider that I downloaded through Thunderbird. That is now no longer available. I have not used gmail but am thinking it does not let me download my email, and so saw that Thunderbird said it could offer me an email address and thought I could start an account there so that I could download my email (off the internet). I may be clueless about all this though. If remote support is needed, I need to know who you are as that scares me if it is not from a company I trust. (I thought I was going to Thunderbird support, but now am not sure.)

You may download email from Gmail's servers.

First, you can simply create a new Gmail account on the following page: https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?hl=en

After that is done, you may choose to add a new account in Thunderbird either by clicking the "Use Existing Email Account" button or by clicking Tools in the top menu bar and clicking Account Settings. On the new page, click the + button that is located on the bottom left of the window, enter the details of the new account, and add it.

Does that all make sense?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
it does, Jason. Thank you. (In the meantime, I was looking up Just Answers to see what your group is. Sorry for the lost time.) I will try this way. It is a different route than the one I was trying, and I am glad to know I can download from Gmail's servers too.

You are most welcome.

Thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you,
***** *****

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thank you very much!

You are most welcome.

Is there anything else I can help you with today? If so, please let me know. If that is all for now, please do not forget to rate my help on top of this page.
Thank you,
Jason