Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My email search function does not work properly. It skips…

Customer Question
My email search function...

My email search function does not work properly. It skips about one month of emails. I can manually scan and find the emails in that month. I can even search on another device and find them quickly. But when I search through the aol web interface it will not include that month of emails in the search.

Technician's Assistant: Have you checked for the lost email in your Trash and Spam folders?

The emails in question are properly located in a folder to be saved by date. I archive my emails in folders by quarter. So the emails for April of 2018 have been put in a folder for April - June of 2018. Suddenly, the emails from about April 5 to May 5 will not appear in any search.

Technician's Assistant: Are you checking your AOL mail in your browser or using an email client (such as Outlook)?

In a browser I have tried two different browsers

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Email
5/30/2018
Email technician: Ameen Khan, Computer Technician replied 19 days ago
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan, Computer Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I will do my best to help you today.

To give you an accurate answer, I have some follow up questions for you:

For which email provider is this for?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
aol

Please explain further, so on AOL email you are trying to search and its not working?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I am accessing my aol account through the web portal. My emails are sorted into folders with three months of email saved in each folder. When I run a search, for example by name or email address, it normally searches all of the folders and the current inbox and produces a list of all hits. For some reason it is not producing hits for emails between April 5 and April 24 of this year. ( I just experimented and refined the dates of the problem.) I can scroll through the emails in the folder, and see them, open them, read them, and access the attachments, both for emails during this period and other emails. For some reason, they are invisible to the search feature.
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I tried marking all of them as unread to return them to the inbox, then marking them as read, and finally returning them to the correct folder. I thought this might allow AOL to index or catalog them again for search functions. It had no effect on the problem.

Lets get this fixed remotely, i can help you

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Thank you, ***** ***** The price for remote control repair is not worth it for this problem as I can still search fully on my ipad. Thank you again.

Okay appreciate your honesty and I am here to help you.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Your satisfaction is my priority, Please take a moment to rate my service (hopefully 5 stars :) ) and press submit at the top of your question page once you have a moment. Thanks :)

If you need additional information please use the reply box below to let me know.