Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I need to know how to switch my email from my current email…

Customer Question
I need to know...

I need to know how to switch my email from my current email address of "*****@******.***" to "*****@******.***"

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

All three

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None but I saw on gmail.com a way to transfer all of the emails to will come to***@******.*** to my new gmail address siince the***@******.*** address will be shut down tomorrow since I have retired from tulsa community college effective tomorrow.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I just don't want to miss any emails that might be directed to "*****@******.***" in the future and that all incoming emails will go to or be redirected to "*****@******.***".

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Email
5/30/2018
Email technician: Ralf, Computer Systems Engineer replied 2 months ago
Ralf
Ralf, Computer Systems Engineer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Ralph and I'll be assisting you with your issue after reviewing it.

On Gmail you can add other email accounts, but the main server of these other accounts should still be running. When you say it will be shutdown, does this mean completely off or taht you just won't have access to read your emails there anymore?

I won’t have access to see my emails at [email protected] Tulsacc.edU

all right, so what we'll have to do is first go to the tulsacc.edu email, check its settings, and import them into Gmail. we will probably have to open a remote session so that I can work with you on these, would that be fine?

that would be fine
I do not want to subscribe to any service that cost me additional fees. All I want to do is to make sure that if any emails come to my old email address that they will be redirected to my new email address
But this process is getting so complicated I am not sure what is taking place. All I want to do is to make sure that if any emails come to my old email address that they’ll be rich reacted to my new email address. I don’t mind paying a small one time fee for this to happen But I do not want to subscribe to additional services. Are you still with me?

Yes it would cost you around $20. Alternatively, I will tell you here the steps that you can check on your own. There are 2 options:

1- Simply having emails sent to your edu account forwarded to your gmail account.

you go to your edu account, setup email forwarding in its settings, and specify that it forwards emails to your gmail address. They will arrive in your Gmail inbox and be mixed with other gmail emails.

2- Adding your Edu account so that you can check it from your Gmail, along with your other Gmail account.

It will show as a new account with its own Inbox and Sent items. To set it up, go to Gmail -> Settings -> Accounts and Imports -> Check mail from other accounts: Add a mail account

Yes I was writing all the above :) Try to do them on your own, if you need my help then we can go for that extra service.

and for #2 you'll have to know the POP settings of your edu account. An IT person there can give them to you, or they might be found in the settings of your EDU account.

I hope my details were beneficial to you, if so kindly rate my support. Otherwise, let me know if I can be of more help to you.

Hello, just checking on your issue if it was resolved, and if what I have provided was helpful to you.