Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have an Archive folder that has about 15,000 emails. I…

Customer Question
I have an Archive...

I have an Archive folder that has about 15,000 emails. I think it is taking a lot of storage on my MacBook Pro, and wonder if I can delete these emails in the Archives or will it delete the emails in my google inbox?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my MacBook Pro through the Mail app. And on my iPhone 7 the same way.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have talked with the Apple Tech Support and the senior advisers don't know much about these Archived emails. Is it necessary to have emails in the Archives? I didn't use to have this with my other desktop computer. Does everyone with a gmail account have Archives?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Thank you so much.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Email
5/30/2018
Email technician: Harry, Email Tech replied 2 months ago
Harry, Email Tech

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.