Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I want to stop the automatic correction thingy. It distorts…

Customer Question
I want to stop...

I want to stop the automatic correction thingy. It distorts my messages.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

OSX Elcapitan

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

My gmail has done this from day one. i have just had to reread all mails I send to be sure there are no bad auto corrections

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Gmail is on my dock

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Nnone none

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

This could get me into trouble professionl This could cause real trouble professionally

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Email
5/29/2018
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. I believe this is a feature of your Mac that caused your Gmail problems. Please follow the procedures below:

1. Please close your Gmail app or the program where you send and receive your Gmail emails. Make sure it is not running in the background.
  2. Open System Preferences (choose Apple > System Preferences).
  3. Choose Keyboards.
  4. Click the Text tab.
  5. Deselect the tick in Correct Spelling Automatically.

Save the changes and then test your Gmail if it works fine this time without the auto-correction feature.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess