Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I keep getting. I keep getting emails about renewing my

Customer Question
I keep getting Technician's...

I keep getting

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

I keep getting emails about renewing my microsoft license or my computer will shut down. When I tried to communicate my computer hotmail will not respond. Is this a scam? What shell I do to get my email working? Is my hotmail through microsoft?

Technician's Assistant: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. How do you usually access Hotmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my iMac.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I tried calling the number: (###) ###-####and got a someone with an accent.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I told him that I thought he was a scam and he said then my computer stops working, I would him back. The messages came by hotmail and my land line.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Email
5/28/2018
Email technician: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you with this!

These messages are NOT legitimate. This is a scam that is going around right now where someone will call you and tell you that your Microsoft license is about to expire but it's a bunch of nonsense. When you purchase your computer you also purchase the Microsoft license for Windows and that license is good for life. It never expires and never has to be renewed.

Sometimes these companies will claim to be with Microsoft but this is a lie, and Microsoft has issued warnings about these scams.

Many people are receiving these e-mails and calls, so you are not the only one. If you receive messages like this in the future, simply ignore them.

If you have any other questions on this, just let me know and I'll be happy to answer them for you.

NOTE: If you have no further questions, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS or better so that I receive credit for assisting you. Just click to rate and click the Submit button.

You have not fixed my problem. How do I get my hotmail up and working? Plus I do not have cell phone. So, you cannot sed my text messages. But you did not give me that option.

My understanding was that your question was about whether or not these messages were legitimate.

What exactly is going on with your Hotmail?

You are starting to sound like a scammer too. You want more money and you did not answer my first question!

The remote assistance offer is an optional offer for people who might like to have a technician see their screen. You are not obliged to accept it.

Did you see my previous question?

My hotmail is not loading or working
No! I am not turning my computer over to a stranger.

Okay, where exactly are you running into an issue with Hotmail?

Are you able to sign into your account?

My hotmail is visible, But is frozen and no more emails will come in. I can't send or do anything will it.

Okay, that's a different issue than was my original understanding.

What I am going to do is opt out of the question and open it up to other Experts so that a more appropriate expert can assist you. You will be notified when there's another reply.

Can't you talk to me on my phone?
Email technician: jinsmn, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
jinsmn
jinsmn, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. How you access your hotmail ? Through a web browser like Chrome/Firefox or an Email client like Outlook/Thunderbird ?