Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I currently have a g mail address to receive e mail on my I…

Customer Question
I currently have a...

I currently have a g mail address to receive e mail on my I phone. I just purchased a new I Pad and set up the connection to wireless at home. I am trying to set up e mail on my I pad but Google doesn’t recognize my e mail address or password. Thank you

Technician's Assistant: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your iPhone?

I am trying to get email

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reboot?

I use email every day and just turned on this new I pad

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Connect me to who or what?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Email
5/28/2018
Email technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 2 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your gmail. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

Lets rule out the password *****

Please go to a browser, not the email client on those devices and go to gmail.com.

Put in your email and password, manually. Do not use autofill for what you think the password *****

Can you get mail in that web browser?

Thank you. I have been trybtongetbmy current g mail address set up on my new I pad and Google keeps telling me that my address and password ***** not recognized
No. My email should be recognized. It’s the one I currently use

It gives you that for password ***** Not just wrong email. It is a generic message. Please follow this to the letter:

Lets rule out the password *****

Put in your email and password, manually. Do not use autofill or let the password ***** in for you, for what you think the password *****

Can you get mail in that web browser?