Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

The last email in my mailbox was received on the 13th.

Customer Question
The last email in...

The last email in my mailbox was received on the 13th. Nothing new since and I usually get up to a dozen a day. Just noticed a notification at the top of my mail page: we are having trouble connecting to***@******.***.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

I always assumed that live.com was a gmail account, but I'm not really sure. Can I find out by looking somewhere in my computer?

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I have an icon on my desktop when I open Internet explorer

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Can you tell me what troubleshooting I can try?

Technician's Assistant: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Thanks, ***** ***** stand by

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Email
5/26/2018
Email technician: Harry, Email Tech replied 2 months ago
Harry, Email Tech

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

still have no new emails
I would prefer that you walk me through some trouble shooting strategies; i have had recent problems with a technical support scam!

If you send an email to yourself, do you receive it?

it showed up as a draft in my inbox
tried again and the draft appeared with an updated receipt time!

Awesome! Did it show up in your inbox?

also noticed that by addressing an email to myself that two other suggested email addresses popped up. one from an old aol account and also an outlook.com address.
it showed up as addressed to No Recipient and without subject or text

Did it show up in your inbox?

only my second test email is in my inbox, the first test has disappeared, and, again it is addressed to no recipient and is identified as "draft"

Can I connect to your computer tomorrow to take a look at the account settings?