Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I received an email from “Apple” and opened the attachment.

Customer Question
I received an email...

I received an email from “Apple” and opened the attachment. It alerted me that someone from UK (I live in FL) attempted to get into my account. I clicked on the link that asked me to update my profile, I did enter my last name and state of residence, but no more. Because the profile form asked for my social security number, I became alarmed. I clicked on the original email sender’s name and it was NOT from Apple. I am now concerned I may have allowed a virus to enter my IPad. How can I block that sender and put it in my junk folder? What precautions may I take at this point?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Yahoo

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Yahoo? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I rarely open the Yahoo home page. My IPhone and IPad emails are just there. So, I do not know how to answer your question.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I do not know what info would be helpful. I have never been hacked before and have always considered my Apple devices secure. I do not know if I have aided unauthorized entry into my devices or not. I am not a techie.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Email
5/26/2018
Email technician: Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.