Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I received a large gmail icon on my MacBook Air that looks…

Customer Question
I received a large...

I received a large gmail icon on my MacBook Air that looks like the back of an envelope with a red 'M' ourline. I couldn't get rid of it in order to use my gmail account and touched it with my pointer. My format had changed completely. I can use it, but it is so different than what I was used to that I find it

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking Gmail from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

Have to run....will contact you when I return.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

I AM CHECKING GMAIL FROM MY MACBOOK AIR. DID YOU GET MY 'UNFINISHED' MESSAGE?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

JUST THAT I AM 'FRUSTRATED' WITH THE CHANGE IN MY FORMAT. I AM IN MY MID-EIGHTIES AND CHANGE DOESN'T WORK FOR ME.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Email
5/25/2018
Email technician: Ameen Khan, Computer Technician replied 2 months ago
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan, Computer Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today!

I'm happy to help fix this. Would you like to do the remote service so i can see, and fix this issue OR would you like to tell me more over chat and I can give you some options to try? Either way, I am here to help you. Kindly advise. Thanks

I can try the remote service as I am not technically oriented

sure, that'll be easier

If you can guarantee that you can actually get me back to my original format, then I would have you do that.
AWAITING YOUR ANSWER
SINCE I HAVEN'T HEARD BACK FROM YOU, I ASSUME WE HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED. IF THAT ISN'T THE CASE, THEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW THAT.

I am here, yes I can fix it for you certainly

Please accept this offer and we can continue in the next hour once i am back online.

Following up