Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My gmail buisiness acct hacked and all my spreadshhets have…

Customer Question
My gmail buisiness acct...

My gmail buisiness acct hacked and all my spreadshhets have been locked by a former employee help!!! Large business this will cripple us

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

Yes there are many employees can you give me a minute and I will contact my employee who found this

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

He was a manager that apparently switched everything recovery to his information!!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

The email is***@******.***

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Email
This has to be remedied. This is our business Acct!! Google and gmail are telling me that Cant help
5/25/2018
Email technician: Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

When did this issue start?

Apparently employess have told me that they noticed wierd stuff for past few days. However yesterday things got big and he locked our spreadsheet. Our company owns the spreadsheets but he is somehow lockng us out
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 2 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

1. You need to seek for legal advices against the employee's offencing behaviour to your digital asset. At least you need to let the person know you will do so.

2. How did the person lock the Excel files? Just password-protection against the Excel workbooks? Do you have any other backup? Do you have access the computers the person used?