Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

OMG...is this a real person? I need help recovering my

Customer Question
OMG...is this a real...

OMG...is this a real person? I need help recovering my password...

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

I've tried and tried and tried...Yes....well I think I am...but at the bottom of my screen it indicate send/receive errors. My email has not updated in days...

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Of course....do you want to call me and we can walk thru this...I can provide whatever info you need to authenticate...believe me....

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Customer:(###) ###-####..thank you

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/25/2018
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 2 months ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me for which email service this password ***** *****?

Please let me know

Gmail

Thanks

Which program are you using to access Gmail with?

Would you call me

It is best if I connect to your computer and resolve this, can I do this please?

I need to converse.

Please accept the offer and I can then connect and resolve this for you

This is very confusing and all I need is help to recover my password

yes, but you are confusing it by not replying to my question...

I will repeat

How much will this cost me
What do you mean by program. Windows 10?

It is the cost you agreed to when you first made the question

No, program you use to access Gmail with

Outlook 2013

thank you

If you click on my link below and try to sign into your account, what exactly happens?

www.gmail.com

Please let me know

I get M GMAIL page

yes, now try to sign in please

I try. But like I said it wants my password ***** I forgot it and I get into do loop
I put what I believe is my last password ***** I’m not 100% sure. Can’t we reset it? I can provide whatever authentication you need
You still there Richard?

Can you please use my link below to reset your password

https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

Once done, use the new password ***** sign into your account?

Please let me know

Ok. I’ll try

Thank you

Please let me know the results.

I got as far as putting in my email address then what I believed to be my last password ***** the window goes into grey out and says error/too many attempts. Try in a few hours.

ok, you have locked the account, you need to wait 3 hours then try again, can you do this please?

Of course. But I fear it’s gonna repeat! How do I get this reset. It asks to have some code sent to another email...but I don’t want to have to drive all the way back into work to look at my work email to get...besides I try to minimize using work email for personal stuff anyways...know what I mean. So, like I said before this is really frustrating and it seems like a nightmare loop of trying to reset. Again, whatever I can proveide to assure authenticity, it’s no problem. This all started a week or so ago when I tried to purchase an app and it need my account and what I believed I did was use my password ***** then I didn’t recall and put in a new password ***** which now did not seem to take and it asking and now I’m doubting what I put in a week ago...anyways this has been a nightmare for he past week...I cannot get my email at home for a week now. Very frustrating Richard. What happens in 3 hours if I still can’t reset and I’m paying for service now and still have problem. Please put yourself in my position...very frustrating.
Don’t get me wrong...I appreciate your help sir. For sure....

I emphasize, I can only tell you the reality of the situation

If it still fails then your only option is to use this form now

https://support.google.com/accounts/contact/disabled2

Fill it in providing a email address where you can be contacted on and allow up to 72 hours for a response.

They will either reject it or not respond in which you will not be able to gain access, or they will ask for more proof of id in order to try to manually verify you.

If they do reject it or do not respond within the 72 hours then you will need to create a new account sorry.

It is critical you always keep your recovery information up to date to avoid such a situation as this

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

you are not able to reset?

No I did not say that, did you see my last message to you?

But if I may....this session has not been a solution...it’s kicking the can (me) down the road. What service did I just sign up to pay for then. This has been a confirmation of problem/issue...not a corrective action/solution like I expected.
To me, it’s a simple password *****

ok,, I am sorry you feel this way, I will opt out for another expert

Thank you and all the best.

Thank you.

sure, though you will hear the same thing from someone else, this is the reality of your situation.

Did set up to have a automatic password *****? I just have to wait the 3 hour period (error message)?
Did you set up....(that is)

If it still will not reset after 3 hours, then you need to do the instructions I gave you

Ok. Thanks. I’ll try.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.