Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have been trying to recover my gmail account with no

Customer Question
I have been trying...

I have been trying to recover my gmail account with no success. I can't remember the last password. I've tried several times on line to recover my account and the system keeps locking me out. How else can i recover my account?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

No I can't log into my gmail account. I am currently on my workplace device

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes. Phone number is(###) ###-#### Security question: favorite pets name is ***** ***** maiden name is*****: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of at the moment.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Email
5/24/2018
Email technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 2 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your gmail. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

There are 3 questions here. Please reply to all.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.
Or a ipad/iphone/tablet/android etc?

What email are you trying to get back?

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?

Windows 10. ***@******.***
Chrome
no to secure remote assistance. thank you

Can you send that fresh digit text to that phone back to me beginning with a G i just sent to that number?

This will time out on us soon. We need to move quickly

I don't see a G number on my phone?
Can you resend the G number and verify where you are sending it from?

I sent you a text again. look in your text messages if that number you gave me was a cell phone. You have this on your account:

Google prompts are disabled right now because there's something unusual about how you're signing in

If you dont get a text to that number in the next two minutes:

Do you have this with you right now?

ZTE Z557BL

I don't know what that means.....
I'm looking in my text messages and it just has a link for me to follow.....?

It is a phone model. Is that the model of phone you have with that number you sent me?

I am assuming you never got to this stage in resetting that password ***** that account?

This will time out soon. Is the phone you are on a ZTE?

I did get to G number stage and it kept telling it couldn't verify my account. I had a different phone when I set my gmail account up. Yes it is a ZTE

I need you to do this with that link you got.

1. Get your ZTE Z557BL
  2. Open the Settings app
  3. Tap Google
  4. Tap Sign-in & security
  5. Tap Security code
  6. Choose an account to get your code

Send that code to me immediately.

I'm doing it now

Thank you. Send immediately when done.

I'm still having trouble finding this info on my phone it has
"Security" but not "Sign in & security"

Try that. Do you see security code? But, this most likely timed out on us.

4771 688 277 and 7542 554 161 are the two codes on my phone

Those are not correct. I believe you will need a call or remote support pc to pc which is better than call if that gmail was accessed from it before and it may be stored.

Please advise.

I will call someone. Thank you.

I will open this up to experts who have phone capability. I only have remote for today on this pc.

Please standby.

Email technician: Mirza Vaseem, Email Technician replied 2 months ago
Mirza Vaseem
Mirza Vaseem, Email Technician

Hello and thank you for your patience.

My name is ***** ***** I am another expert that will working with you in fixing the Gmail login issues.

I see that you have tried many different methods to recover the password ***** nothing has worked so far.

Firstly, I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you in this matter. Please be assured that I will do my best to help you get this sorted out.

I was trying to send out a code to your phone number(###) ###-####and there seem to be too many attempts made to recover your account that has locked your account for a few hours.

I will have this question flagged for myself so I can send out a code to your number once the lock is taken off.

Please respond to me when you get this code to your phone number.

I will look forward to hear from you to help you further.

Regards,
Vaseem

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

This is a follow-up email about your contact to JustAnswer. Please provide us the requested details so that we can help you further.

Please do not hesitate to ask anymore questions. It’s always a pleasure helping you.

I will eagerly wait to hear from you.

Regards,

Vaseem

I have fixed recovering my e-mail myself. Please cancel my membership and refund the $46 you charged me

Thank you for the update.

Glad to know you were able to recover the email yourself. I really appreciate your technical expertise.

I apologize for any inconvenience that has caused to you in this matter.

I will be moving your case to the Customer Service team for your refund request and they should be able to help you further.

It might take a little time for them to look into this request and I really thank you for your patience until then.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. I will be glad to help you.