Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have an account under the email, I have not been able to…

Customer Question
I have an account...

I have an account under the email***@******.***, I have not been able to access it and Google has not been able to verify it is mine. I se up a new account under***@******.*** and I'd like to know how to transfer the information from my old account to my new or to delete the old account?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

My phone

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
4/4/2018
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a computer to access your emails? or are you using a smartphone?
  2. So your "old" account is a Hotmail, and your NEW account is a Gmail?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

1. Both
2. yes

Thank you for writing back with that information. Hotmail and Gmail are different infrastructure so I believe you were trying to create a Google account using your Hotmail and do email there, that is NOT possible unless you create a Gmail address.

Now, do you want to just recover the Hotmail and continue using both Hotmail and Gmail?

If the Hotmail cannot be recovered, emails from Hotmail cannot be transferred to Gmail.

I just want to recover the Hotmail so I can transfer contacts, bookmarks, etc and use only the gmail.

Ok. In order to do so, we need to reset your password ***** case you have forgotten it.

Please do these steps:

1. On your computer, please open a web browser.
  2. In the URL area, type www.hotmail.com and then press Enter to visit the site
  3. If you are NOT logged in automatically to your account, locate the link there that says SIGN IN. Click on it and then enter your full Hotmail address in the username and then enter your known password. Then Sign In.

Please tell me the results so that I can assist you further.

I'm logged in

Are you seeing your emails now for your Hotmail account?

Were you able to login WITHOUT entering your password? Or you entered your password?

I'm logged in to my hotmail account through microsoft not google.

I am confused about your statement through "microsoft not google."

What exactly did you mean by Microsoft? by Google?

Are you referring to Microsoft browser like Internet Explorer or Edge? And by Google, are you referring to Chrome?

I can log in to my hotmail account just not through Google. If I try to login in to my google account using***@******.*** I cannot get in.

You SHOULD NOT login to your Google account using your Hotmail. You need to login using your Gmail. You have a Gmail account, right?

O don't understand your instructions.

Thank you for that confirmation. Now, I believe the problem is with your Chrome. Your Hotmail login through the Google account might still be remembered. Now please try doing these:

1. Open your Google Chrome browser
  2. In the URL box type www.gmail.com

Tell me what happens in doing the steps above.

I am asked for my password, which I can't remember.

Is it asking for the password ***** your Gmail or for your Hotmail?

I can log in to my gmail with no problem. My hotmail account is linked to Google and I cannot log in to it, Google can't verify it is mine and at this point I just want it deleted because I don't think you understand what the issue is. Also I want a refund.

I fully understand the problem. Are you sure you do not want to continue?

Also, why do you want to link your Hotmail to Google?

The verification is on Hotmail, Google will send a code there, to verify you own the Hotmail account. Then you enter the code on Google's verification page.

I set up my google account with the hotmail address.

You have Gmail, why did you setup a Google account with a Hotmail address?

Did you do the setting up of Google account with Hotmail BEFORE you created your Gmail?

Anyway, please try to access your Google account on Chrome, SIGN OUT from your Gmail, then login with the full Hotmail address.

When you are on the Verification phase, please tell me.

I set up the google account before I set up the gmail.
I am able to login with the hotmail account, but now I'm being asked to set up a gmail account which I already have.
I'm in to my account. Thank you.

Ok, I understand that. That is NOT necessary now. You are asked to create a Gmail account because you are trying to access the Gmail service while LOGGED IN to the Google account linked to the Hotmail.

Please understand that Google Account is composed of a lot of services like Docs, Calendars, Yoututbe and Gmail for emails. When you use a Hotmail account, YES, you can access all of the services EXCEPT Gmail since you cannot send and receive emails from Google through Gmail if you do not have an account ending with @gmail.com on the account. Which in the case of your Hotmail-Google account, you do nto have a Gmail account. That is why you are asked to create a Gmail account.

If you want to continue using the Google account that is linked to your Hotmail, you can do so but you cannot use the emailing service unless you create a new Gmail account that is linked to the same Hotmail-Google account.

In this case, you will end up with 2 Google accounts. First one is the Hotmail-Google account, and the second is the Gmail account. All Gmail accounts are treated as Google accounts!

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess