Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have lost they both passwords to a yahoo and gmail

Customer Question
I have lost they...

I have lost they both passwords to a yahoo and gmail account.they were very similar. i answered secret questions and login info has been sent to both accounts. my cell phone was stolen and i now have a new apple phone w/ a sim card not working an.I don't know exactly how to use it.they just gave me new phone number, but i need to go to apple store first and then to ATT. only have landline. I was just almost scammed by using COX cable connecting me to "YAHOO. " they asked lots of questions about my email account to access it by an old cox.net email. when i personally callled the "yahoo' number, i accidentally gave my birthday out.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

NO. my cell phone and cards stolen. have a an apple phone w/ "no sim card" in it. the tray was broken when I first ejected the sim card to read the number for apple..got a new phone number. need to go to apple store and then to att to activate new acct. unsure how to use the email.when asked to log into various sites i could log into i saw it was a scam and hung up.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I did. both yahoo and google sent password ***** to each site. can't open either.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

How much did you get about the fake "yahoo " that now have some personal info of mine. cox cable said i may have an active acct w/ them bt i don't know any passwords or log in. my apple phone has nothing setup.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
4/4/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 3 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

> my cell phone was stolen

When did this happen? Did you call the carrier to ask for SiM card replacement with the same phone number?