Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I wish I knew what is going on with my email? I can't get…

Customer Question
I wish I knew...

I wish I knew what is going on with my email? I can't get into it without a password ***** I set sometime, and can't remember it, and I only have one account. I am an old lady that iknows nothing about computers. How can I get into my account?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No I only have my computer.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Apparently not, as it doesn't recognize my phone number,m and I can't remember when I set up the account, so don't know the phone number then.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Why all of a sudden I need a password.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
4/3/2018
Email technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 3 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your email. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

What email are you trying to get back? gmail/outlook/yahoo etc?

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?

Windows 10 I think
I access my e mail through gmail

Yes, but how.

Do you go to a browser like edge, chrome, firefox, etc and go to gmail.com

or are you using the envelope icon on your taskbar for windows mail that is built in?

If you cannot recover it by the online process, if you used it in a browser at gmail.com, it may be stored and we can 'view' it instead.

I am an old lady, and I think that google should fix it free, after all google is the one that blocked my out after all these years. I can't afford to pay for your error. This is the only way I can communicate with my son. Fix it.

No problem. I am a tech, so i cannot see that side of your account, but we are not a free service and Google does not have free tech support

for free gmail accounts they allow people to use.

You can go here for a refund or call customer service if you decide to discontinue.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

customer service:
US / Canada 1-***-***-****
Available 6am to 9pm PST

If you decide that you want to continue after you 'compare' tech support costs/ease of access or feel you need to continue here, just reply with the answers previously asked.

Have a great day!
Franklin

I don't know what a browser is. I click on favourites and my e mails come up
The second one Google Chrome?

Try this for google chrome browser, but you must know your windows/computer password. The one you use when you turn the computer on and log into your account.

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More Settings.
  3. At the bottom, click Advanced.
  4. Under "Passwords and forms," click Manage passwords.
  5. Under "Saved passwords," to the right of the website, click More Details.
  6. To the right of the password, click Preview .
    • Windows & Mac: If you lock your computer with a password, you'll be prompted to enter your computer password.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95606?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Were you able to find your password ***** the settings for Chrome?

Did you still need help with this issue? Were you able to find your password ***** the settings for Chrome?

Hi, can you please tell me if you still need help with this issue with results so we can close it out or continue?