Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My password is not working and when I try to recover it.

Customer Question
My password ***** *****...

My password ***** ***** working and when I try to recover it. That isn’t working either.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Yes it’s a new phone

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

It asked for my fav color and the month and year I started the account which for some reason isn’t right.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
4/3/2018
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 3 months ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When could you last sign into your account?

Please let me know

I just got a new phone and now it isn’t working

Thanks

Is this for your Apple ID or another service?

It’s gmail

thanks

Can you use my link below to reset your password

https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

Once done, use the new password ***** sign in with

Please let me know

Thank you

It says my name isn’t attached to that account. This has been my email account for years and is the contact for many different people.

What is the gmail address with the issue?

ok.. I get no message about a name not attached

Are you on a windows computer?

I’m on my phone

Do you have a computer there?

No

ok, go back and carefully do the instructions I gave please

It will work, just carefully do the process.

I don’t know the month or year I created it. This was so long ago
Maybe 2008

ok, and it says it failed to verify you correct?

Can not verify the account belongs to me. Is that it says

ok, then your only option is to use this form now

https://support.google.com/accounts/contact/disabled2

Fill it in providing a email address where you can be contacted on and allow up to 72 hours for a response.

They will either reject it or not respond in which you will not be able to gain access, or they will ask for more proof of id in order to try to manually verify you.

If they do reject it or do not respond within the 72 hours then you will need to create a new account sorry.

It is critical you always keep your recovery information up to date to avoid such a situation as this

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you