Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I bought a new cell phone and wanted to use that for my two…

Customer Question
I bought a new...

I bought a new cell phone and wanted to use that for my two step verification and was told I would have to send ownership account info

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

LG

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your LG phone? What have you tried so far?

I have had to keep the old phone activated just to get my E-Mails.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes I have been a member for over 10 rs. and will close this account if they cannot help me

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Email
4/3/2018
Email technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 19 days ago
Pete, Computer Expert

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

What account are you referring to?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
My AOL account

Are you trying to set up AOL 2 step verification for the first time, or did you use it previously on a different device?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I still need AOL to allow new phone number for my 2 step verification!#

Are you trying to set up AOL 2 step verification for the first time, or did you use it previously on a different device or with a different number?

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Pete I used my AOL account on a different phone for my two step verification. I am trying to use a new phone number to access my e-mails.
Email technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 16 days ago

Does the new phone have the same number or a different number?

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Different number

Do you still have access to the old number so that you can verify the change to the new number?

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
I do still have the old phone but do not want to keep paying for two services/
Email technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 15 days ago

Ok so can you first verify the change by getting the request sent to the old number before you cancel it?

Once you verify the account you can then update AOL to use the new number in future, and you can cancel the old number.

Pete, Computer Expert