Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I cant log into my laptop, I guess I have an outlook acct.

Customer Question
I cant log into...

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Outlook account on any other devices?

I'm***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Perhaps, try(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to do away with the log in - PW info.. I just want to use my laptop for work. Thanks, Jeff

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
4/2/2018
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi Jeff, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Is your laptop running on Windows 8 or 10?
  2. Are you using a different computer right now? If yes, are you able to access your Outlook.com email on that other computer?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

The laptop is 3 years old, so I don't know which windows it is, I'm on my desk top now
No, just answer the question of finding my password ***** by passing the log info
I didn't give you permission to charge my card $48.00, it was suppose to only be $5.00
Again, just answer my question please.

Thank you for writing back. In the problem laptop, are you using a Microsoft Account?

If you are using a Microsoft Account on that laptop, then the password ***** ***** SAME password ***** your email. And you CANNOT bypass password ***** You can only do so when you convert it to a Local account. And all account changes are done while LOGGED IN to the computer.