Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Outlook wasn't able to connect to Microsoft Exchange

Customer Question
Outlook wasn't able to...

Outlook wasn't able to connect to Microsoft Exchange yesterday. Would alert that connection was lost, then it was back, then lost, etc. Today it is asking me for a password. the password ***** use to sign in doesn't seem to work. Also, when starting up, Outlook sometimes has an Office 365 banner under Outlook and sometimes not. Strange?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Outlook account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Not sure. Where would they be. I don't normally have to sign in to Outlook. I just open it.

Technician's Assistant: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Just the items I stated previously. Thanks.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
4/2/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 3 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

> outlook wasn't able to connect to Microsoft Exchange yesterday.

What kind of Exchange is it? Are you referring to MS Exchange Services in cloud or MS Exchange server on premises?

I would think services
MS exchange services I would think

Okay, if so do you mean you have your own domain and the domain's email services are hosting in Microsoft cloud. Correct?

What's the domain name please?

goodbye. please cancel

Can I know what's wrong please?