Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I'm trying to sign in to Microsoft Outlook the same way I've…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I'm trying...

Second opinion] I'm trying to sign in to Microsoft Outlook the same way I've done for many years, Now every time I get a page saying "Something went wrong," and telling me to sign out and then sign in the way I do to read my organization's email. I have no organization, I use Outlook as an individual.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Outlook account on any other devices?

As I wrote above, I keep getting a page telling me something went wrong and I should sign out and then sign in the way I do to read my organization's email. I have no organization, I use email as an individual.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I have no security questions or phone number that I know of. Do I have to create a new password?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I have always used my old sign-in name including "@hotmail". I that no longer acceptable?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/2/2018
Email technician: Domijones Manalo, System Administrator replied 3 months ago
Domijones Manalo
Domijones Manalo, System Administrator

Hi!

Thank you for your question. I am Domijones and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

I believe that you are using your hotmail and load it in your MS Outlook application? If yes, then the issue probably that the offline files are corrupted. The offline files are your emails that you can view even without email. They were referred as OST files. These files are usually located at,

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

Since you still have access to your email even using the web browser, you can re-create the OST file from MS Outlook application.

To do this, kindly follow the procedure below.

-Click Start menu

-Type Control Panel if you're using Windows 10; otherwise click the Control Panel if your PC is Windows 7

-Change the View by to Large icons

-Click Mail

-A small window will appear. Click Profile

-Choose Prompt for a profile to be used

-Click Add

-Type your desired profile name and hit OK

-After you clicked OK, it will prompt you to create a new email account

-Type your name, hotmail email and password

-Then finally it should connect to the Internet and log you in using your MS Outlook

-MS Outlook will re-create the OST file and re-download all of your emails online

I know it's a long process, but this should fix the issue. You may also refer to the screenshots attached as a step-by-step procedure.

Thank you.
Domijones

fe4067b6-bc9f-4114-be94-...pngfe4067b...pngff2393b2-6b8f-4c61-95fd-...pngff2393b...png51fa052d-ab62-4e3c-8358-...png51fa052...pngc3beaaec-617c-44c8-92ae-...pngc3beaae...png7991f78a-50dd-48ec-b30c-...png7991f78...png08028e03-452b-4bd7-9b88-...png08028e0...png648a1cbd-7f3a-4cd4-92da-...png648a1cb...png